Renting Event or Studio/Office Space
We have the benefit of a large community centre (Shawfield) which we rent out for small gatherings, arts events, courses, workshops and classes. The various rooms lend themselves to many different uses.
Rooms for rent:
- Dining room, with tables, sofas, woodstove (8.5m x 8m)
- Fully equipped professional Kitchen (6m x 4m)
- Hall with optional projector screen (12.8m x 8.7m)
- Sunlounge (8.5m x 3.8m) with patio and fire pit
- Games/Rehearsal room (off hall) (11m x 4m)
- Music/Rehearsal Room (9m x 6.3m)
- Training Room (with tables, chairs and screen) (9m x 6.3m)
- Guest rooms (5) : One double, one family, one twin (bunks) and two single - £15 pp per night
- (There are additional overnight rooms available in some of the houses and we can accommodate up to 20 people if necessary over a residential weekend)
Space Hourly Half Day Day
Dining room and Kitchen £10 £50 £95
Hall £12 £60 £110
Sunlounge and Patio By arrangement
Rehearsal Room £10 £50 £95
Training Room £10 £50 £95
Guest Rooms £15 per person per night (children free)
Camping £8 per person per night (children free)
Please see the events calendar for availability and events happening in Shawfield. Bookings can be made through completion of a Rental Agreement form.
Fire safety policies are available here.
We are also able to recommend caterers for residential or whole day events.
If you are interested in renting event space here, please contact Ben for more information and definitive pricing (the above may be subject to change). Please include the proposed dates you wish to book, the nature of the event, which room/s you are interested in and the expected number of attendees.
Studio, workshop and office spaces
We have a number of spaces available to rent in or around our community centre in Laughton Lodge on the outskirts of Ringmer.
- Large and small offices, centrally heated, with full internet, access to small but fully equipped kitchen and part of a suite of small business and maker spaces, at 11.15 sq. ft/ year
- Shared large studio space (588 sq ft) with existing professional sculptor, large south facing window, 50% share of £9.10 per sq.ft./year
- Full use of a workshop/maker space, free standing, close to other studios, 220 sq. ft. @ £9.10 per sq.ft/year.
For further information or to come for a look contact Juliet Millican
Tribal Earth Festival
Laughton Lodge hosts Tribal Earth Summer Gathering each year, where all profits go to Pegasus Childrens Project, housing and educating Nepalese street children. Tribal Earth is a wonderful experience; four very special days of family entertainment, workshops, camping, music and community spirit. It's one of the smaller festivals but is packed with things to do for around 500 lucky people.